Main Purpose Of Job
To ensure that all jobs are completed on time, correctly and in an efficient manner and relevant paperwork is completed as required. You will safeguard confidential information and materials maintaining its security at all times and ensure it is unloaded ready for secure destruction. As a key ambassador for Datashred you will maintain a professional and positive attitude delivering the highest level of customer service at all times.
- To check the vehicle at start of shift, completing the defect sheet, reporting any defects.
- To drive vehicles that you are licensed to drive and to comply with all Driver Regulations including hours.
- To use tachographs correctly at all times.
- To ensure that all appropriate and required equipment to complete your daily duties is loaded onto the vehicle before leaving depot.
- To go through and understand all job sheets before leaving the depot.
- To correctly use the PDA to record daily collection activities and customer information.
- To complete all jobs on time and correctly, solo or with the driver’s assistant.
- To ensure all paperwork is completed for each job, with items collected recorded and signed for by the client, with a copy handed in at the end of shift.
- To ensure the material is safe and secure at all times.
- To ensure the vehicle is safe and secure at all times and driven courteously.
- To ensure the material is unloaded ready for destruction when returning to the depot.
- Ensure timesheet is signed off before finishing shift.
- Ensure all timesheets are completed and handed in at the end of the week, including breaks recorded.
- To comply with the WTD regulations and other relevant Legislation.
- To wear full company issued uniform and PPE at all times, carry ID badges and passes and present as requested.
- To assist with any warehouse or production requirements as determined by site management.
Due to the physical nature of this role, the role holder must have the ability to lift sacks weighing up to 35 kilos on average, on multiple occasions per day. Dependent on customer requirements the role holder may be expected to undertake early starts or overtime when business needs dictate.
- Commitment to delivering excellent customer service
- Able to work to strict deadlines
- Able to work using own initiative
- Problem solving
- Deals empathetically, assertively and politely with internal and external customers
- Adhere to all Company Policies and Procedures contained in the Health & Safety, Quality, Information Security, Environmental and Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Management Systems
- Report any Health & Safety, Quality, Information Security, Environmental and Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery incidents to your supervisor/line manager
- Managers are responsible for training staff on Company Policies and Procedures contained in Health & Safety, Quality, Information Security, Environmental and Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Management Systems.