Remote working or home working is increasingly popular. It provides flexibility for both the employer and employee. And at times of national crisis, like the COVID-19 outbreak, it is allowing organisations to continue working when the traditional office environment is shut.
Remote (& Homeworking)
What constitutes remote or homeworking?
Remote working doesn’t come without its challenges. The most striking challenge is around security for both the organisation and the individual. Employees might not realise the risks of having sensitive data in their possession outside the traditional workplace. They may not adopt the policies that the company has in place when the formality of the office is not around.
When setting up homeworking arrangements it is vital that appropriate training takes place. Data, document and IT security policies need reading and signing by the individuals. Some organisations have established registers for sensitive documents or data that might be moved or replicated from the office to a homeworking environment.
The best system here is to have all documents electronically. Saved in a system that will not only have access permissions for individuals but will log access and amendments. And also any attempted access to documents they are not permitted to view.
The register here is automatically generated. With much more detail than the manual tracking version mentioned above.
Secondly, homeworkers may live with people not employed by the same organisation. This means that sensitive information may be inadvertently shared with these people.
There may also be security issues around access. Are computers used by many members of the house. Homeworking must be on work assets that family members, housemates or friends cannot use. Again, clear policies around this must be distributed.
What home working policies should be in place?
When considering home working and remote working policies, consider:
Risks created whilst working mobile
Homeworking for teams of people
If you are trying to navigate homeworking for your teams speak to Restore Digital about DocuWare.
- Secure information and workflows with a zero-compromise SaaS solution
- Get complete document management and workflow automation via a true multitenant SaaS application and launch into new levels of productivity
- Capture, centralize and process information without manual touch
- Automate and accelerate business processes such as invoice processing, contract management or onboarding of new employees
- Secure information and meet compliance mandates like HIPAA and GDPR
- Support distributed and mobile teams with anywhere, anytime access
- Move information between people and systems with tight integration to your ERP, CRM or other application
Getting secure access to files whilst working remotely
DocuWare Cloud is available with flexible licenses. For different company sizes on a subscription basis. Every subscription covers a full range of services. Including Intelligent Indexing, Workflow Manager, form creation and integration tools.
Minimise financial and technical hurdles with a secure, multitenant cloud environment. Rely on dependable solutions that protect your information. Grow with the success of your business and that employees love.
- High cloud security
- Highest security
- Protect your documents and data
- High-security data centres in the U.S. and EU
- Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)
- HTTPS communication only
- Strict data separation
- Highly scalable
- Highest scalability
- Support any shape and size team
- Microsoft Azure platform
- Multitenant architecture
- Increase users and storage when you need
- Integration and data exchange with other cloud applications and on-premises systems availability
- Ensure business continuity at all times
- Stable load distribution and performance adjustment
- Continuous logging
- Real-time security analysis
- 24/7 monitoring and system support
Getting ready to work from home?
Don't forget to read our brochures on:
Talk to us if you want advice on your mailroom and document management options.