In its drive to deliver the highest quality of care for patients, NHS England has set out dedicated guidelines with a primary objective of harnessing the information revolution to enable a paperless NHS by 2020. The IT and informatics agenda is directed at enabling commissioners, providers and suppliers to reach informed decisions regarding investments and approaches in adopting technologies that will appropriately support this outcome. This will essentially stimulate the development of innovative technologies and information services to benefit patients, clinicians and the public.
Key predicted deliverables for the agenda include:
- Offering digital services for patients and citizens; transforming the patient experience and enabling citizens to make the right health and care choices.
- Offering digital services for professionals; providing care professionals all the information they need to make the best informed decisions for their patients.
- Information sharing and transparency; helping patients, health professionals and commissioners to improve services and patient outcomes.
- System Leadership: The National Information Board; bringing together the NHS with local government, clinical leaders and civil society to oversee the delivery of core information priorities.
The journey to connected healthcare has well and truly begun and as the number of healthcare organisations implementing EMR and EDMS systems increases, the importance of medical records scanning is growing rapidly.
Healthcare is a core market for Restore Scan. We have built strong relationships in the sector, working on impressive transformation projects and providing market leading digitisation services to some of the most technically advanced NHS Trusts. We strive to keep our finger on the pulse, maintaining topical insight whilst developing innovation at its core. Restore demonstrates the expertise and innovation to support the NHS' paperless ambitions. As a leading digitisation partner for healthcare we work directly with senior decision makers in healthcare IT. Our proven approach enables healthcare organisations to outsource digitisation services whilst continuing to operate efficiently and effectively.
By powering the paperless revolution we can supply lifesaving services to the UK's digital transformation leaders, we are proud to be servicing the Royal Liverpool University Hospital who benefit from;
- A compliant records management process backed by enhanced security, incorporating IG Toolkit compliance and ISO27001.
- Reduced administration costs for the physical management of records.
- Improved patient care with timely access to information. Patient records can be retrieved simultaneously by numerous clinicians anywhere in the world if required.
- Crucial hospital space re-gained for patient care.
We understand that there is no room for error. Patient records warrant the highest security, so here at Restore we have spent years working with strategic partners to develop an efficient, dependable and cost-effective service in medical scanning, archiving, indexing and retrieval to enable fast access to high quality digital files.
Our core scanning services for the NHS and healthcare clients cover:
- Day Forward Scanning; a strategy powering the flexibility to access paper files whilst transitioning from your old document management system to a faster, real time EDMS.
- Scan on Demand; the ability to request the digitisation of a stored medical record to wherever you are in the world within the hour.
- Archive Scanning with optional OCR Classification and Indexing; digital files are indexed and sorted by unique identifiers to maintain order. Sections can be sub-indexed or categorised into varying document types to simplify the search process.
Restore's scanning centres have been inspected by many NHS, Local Authority and Pharmaceutical organisations, successfully exceeding their high compliance standards. We have worked tirelessly to guarantee our business is accredited to the modern standards for information security and records management.
For further information regarding the services we provide, please visit our website where you will find our tailored downloadable brochures relating to digitising the NHS