Medical Records Storage Services
Restore provides secure medical records storage facilities for the NHS and other healthcare organisations.
We provide on site or off site medical record storage, developed according to the client requirements. Storage, management and access to medical records, forms a vital part of the infrastructure needed to maintain patient health and well-being, as well as achieve ambitious healthcare targets.
From hospital notes generated by theatre nursing staff, to GP and community health worker notes, all must be securely stored and be readily available for access when needed.
This includes managing record retention schedules so that patient records are identified by type and owners are prompted when they are due for destruction.
We are proud to have achieved Attainment Level 2 or above in gaining compliance with the IG Toolkit, meaning we adhere to the same standards as the NHS itself.
Confidential Patient Record Storage
At Restore, we recognise the importance of patient confidentiality when it comes to medical record storage and, as such, our Information Security Policies are tailored to mirror the needs of Information Governance Managers.
We have a strong commitment to maintaining and improving levels of service and we work with NHS Trusts and healthcare organisations to provide KPI driven reporting so that at each performance review we can demonstrate that we are delivering a service of outstanding excellence.
How Are Our Medical Records Stored?
Our medical record storage service includes the following features:
- Records are stored on open file tracking or within rapid access archive boxes according to their age and access characteristics
- Individual records or whole boxes are recorded using familiar descriptions to help you quickly locate or order them online
- Files are tracked in and out of storage electronically using barcodes and hand-held data terminals
- Clients can track their medical records storage requests online and receive a detailed monthly statement of their file withdrawals and deposits
- Complete or part files can be scanned with our medical records scanning service and returned electronically as pdf images, or plastic sealed and returned in their original format
- Supplementary documents can be sent to Restore for filing onto previously stored records
- All files are retention managed to prevent unnecessary storage costs