Business IT Recycling Services
IT Recycling covers a range of services key to the successful operation of any business or organisation in the modern digital age. In disposing of unwanted office equipment, your business needs to ensure the secure handling of data, minimisation of environmental impact, and the reduction of costs.
A variety of treatments can be applied to all items from servers, laptops and mobile phones to monitors, photocopiers and peripherals. These include:
· The safe physical destruction and recycling of components – several toxic materials such as mercury and polychlorinated biphenyl (PCB's) are used in monitors, cabling and so on, and treatment should comply with the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive. In some cases, recovered scrap can be sold to offset some of the cost of processing.
· Sanitisation of media – depending on the type of device, data can sometimes be effectively removed so that decommissioned equipment can be reused (minimising waste) or sold on if excess to requirements. These data will include stored client information, which must be handled according to legal requirements, as well as stored copies of internal corporate documents, proprietary information and electronic and physical tagging.
· Secure destruction of hard drives and other media where sensitive information cannot reliably be deleted. This may involve degaussing of magnetic media and/or shredding.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, failure to dispose of sensitive information correctly meant a potential fine of £500,000. With the advent of GDPR in Europe, maximum fines for non-compliance are set to rise to an eye-watering £20 million, so it is more important than ever to entrust your IT recycling to a reputable company.
Check that the service provider is licensed to handle waste, is using CESG approved data erasure software, has robust systems for secure end-to-end handling of your items and the data they hold, and will provide you with a full audit and appropriate certificates.
Why you can trust Restore Technology for IT Recycling
Restore Technology is a division of Restore, a well-established service company that offers secure disposal of sensitive business data, as well as leading-edge IT relocations, and secure document storage and more.
Our specialist team brings together the skills and experience of a number of notable, trusted and accredited companies to provide and comprehensive service for your safe IT asset disposal and IT recycling.
We cover three main services – IT Lifecycle Services, IT Relocation, and Printer Cartridge Recycling.
As part of our 'end of life' IT service, we manage the secure disposal of all your redundant or obsolete assets. We specialise in IT recycling where we can securely collect your spent IT assets and dispose of them in the most environmentally friendly way possible. This includes the complete destruction of your stored digital data to comply with GDPR regulations. Our destruction procedures are carried out on site at our highly secure disposal facilities. We can then separate out recyclable materials that can be sold on our resale channels, therefore offsetting some of the costs of secure disposal of your IT assets.
Our specialist services include:
· Secure IT Disposal
· Redeployment and secure logistics
· IT Resale and rebate
· Environmental IT Recycling
Your company will deal directly with our team of IT security professionals. Our team are all fully-vetted and are qualified to carry out the secure destruction of your IT assets, either on or off-site, depending on your requirements.
Our secure disposal procedures include punching, shredding or degaussing to completely obliterate every shred of data stored on your obsolete IT devices. We are certified to the following standards, ADISA (Distinction with Honours), ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 27001 and e-stewards.
For more information about our IT recycling options, get in touch with Restore Technology today!
Please also feel free to explore the other areas of our business: